What Do You Know About ISO 27001?
What Is ISO 27001?
ISO 27001 is an international standard for the implementation of an enterprise-wide Information Security Management System (ISMS), an organized approach to maintaining confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) in an organization. It offers double benefits — an excellent framework to comply with to protect information assets from malicious actors and a differentiating factor to give an organization an edge over its competitors. The global standard provides complete guidance on building, implementing, maintaining, and consistently improving the ISMS.
The establishment and implementation of ISMS depends upon various factors:
- Business objectives of the organization.
- Needs of the organization.
- Security requirements.
- Internal and external processes of the organization
- Size and structure of the organization.
What Are the Domains of ISO 27001?
The current ISO 27001 standard has 14 domains in comparison to the older one which has 11 domains. These domains widely cover six security areas:
01 – Company security policy
02 – Asset management
03 – Physical and environmental security
04 – Access control
05 – Incident management
06 – Regulatory compliance
The 14 domains of ISO 27001 are –
|Information security policies||Organisation of information security|
|Human resource security||Asset management|
|Physical and environmental security||Operations security|
|Operations security||System acquisition, development and maintenance|
|Supplier relationships||Information security incident management|
|Information security aspects of business continuity management||Compliance|
Why Should a Company Adopt ISO 27001? Is ISO 27001 Certification Worth It?
ISO 27001 is the only global standard that helps organizations to understand the various requirements of an information security management system (ISMS). The system is a combination of multiple policies, procedures, processes, and systems within an organization that works to manage information security risks.
ISO/IEC 27001 certification demonstrates that the organization followed the ISO 27001 guidelines and implemented the best-practice information security processes. Not all organizations decide to attain ISO 27001 certification, yet most use it as a framework to keep their information security management system secure from rising cyberattacks.
Why Is ISO 27001 Required?
Complying with various mandatory requirements is not only a prerequisite but also a demanding, on-going process for all organizations. The recognized standard incorporates the requirements of different regulations, such as GDPR, NIST CSF, and others, to ensure that the implemented processes and services are secure, reliable, and of top quality.
ISO 27001 is now required more than ever before because it ensures that various information security risks, including cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and their impacts, get addressed with best security practices. It is also invaluable in terms of monitoring, reviewing, maintaining, and improving an organization’s information security management system. An organization with a certified ISO 27001 standard demonstrates that the organization is aligned with the best security practices, assuring business partners and the existing customer base.
How Much Does the ISO 27001 Certification Cost?
ISO 27001 certification cost depends upon the size of the organization, in terms of the number of employees and the minimum number of days required to conduct audits. Certification for an enterprise with 500 working professionals would cost around $13,000 based on the region.
Who Uses ISO 27001?
The ISO 27001 ISMS stadard is required by –
- Organizations carrying sensitive information, regardless of their size, be it public or private, IT or non-IT.
- Organizations expanding their business and seeking new clients. The international standard will help them stay in the competition, especially if their competitors are ISO 27001 certified.
- Contractors that need to be ISO 27001 compliant to score projects.
How Do I Get ISO 27001 Certified?
For any organization to become ISO 27001 certified, it needs to be fully prepared to successfully get through the certification. EC-Council Global Services (EGS) offers you the proper training, consultancy, tools, and advice to follow the guidelines of ISO 27001. Our ISO 27001 Advisory help you establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain, and promote the organization’s information security management system.
Through our years of experience, we are familiar with the expectations of a certification body. Hence, we know the exact way to achieve this certification with guarantee.
EGS comprises of advisory and technical teams with years of corporate, field, and consulting experience in the field of information security. Our accomplished team of experts demonstrates a vast knowledge of industry standards, benchmarks, and best practices that guarantee you offer the best solutions to your clients.
EC-Council Global Services (EGS) offers ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS consultancy services to assist organizations in understanding their risk profile, identify the compliance gaps, and implement the controls required based on the standards and best practices.
Establishment of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) framework is a combination of well-defined roles and responsibilities, policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines that are essential to ensuring an optimum level of information security management in alignment with the business objectives of the organization.
We assist organizations in planning, creating, upgrading, and certifying a robust and effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) which includes:
- Conduct gap analysis to evaluate the current state of your information security programs.
- Determine your current information security risk assessment of the ISMS controls area.
- Development of written security policies/controls, ISMS procedures, and policy improvement.
- Provide workshops and training.
- Establish ISO 27001 best practices if security improvements are necessary.
- Obtain ISO 27001 third-party certification.
Achieve ISO Certification With
EC-Council Global Services
EC-Council Global Services can help you to:
- Avoid confusing situations by having a clear system for dealing with your organization’s information assets.
- Comply with different regulatory requirements
- Avoid hefty fines and penalties associated with security breaches
- Protect your sensitive data and intellectual property from cybercriminals and APT groups
- Demonstrate that consider information security as your top priority, assuring business partners and customers